Honey craisins oatmel cookies
For our first recipe, we decided to start off with a classic; oatmeal cookies. Recipe is simple and quick. Recipe uses only simple ingredients and no table sugar. The cookies are chewy, delicious and very nutritious. Ideal healthy snack and is most delicious with an organic hot chocolate or hot tea.
Prep Time: 10min
Cooking Time: 12-14 minutes
Yield: 14 large cookies
Disclaimer: Contains gluten and uses animal product. (Stay tune for an upcoming gluten-free and dairy free cookie recipe.)
½ cup – unsalted butter
½ cup – wild flower honey
½ cup – Lakanto Monk fruit sweetener
1 large free-range egg
1 ½ cup – quick cooking rolled oats
1 cup – whole wheat flour
¼ tsp. – salt (preferably Himalaya)
1 tsp. – Celyon cinnamon
½ tsp. – baking soda
1 cup – craisins
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- In medium bowl, mix together butter, honey, Lakanto sweetener and egg. Mix till uniform mixture.
- In second bowl, mix together oats, flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet mix. Add craisins in mixture.
- Using a tablespoon drop cookie dough onto cookie sheet. Make 1” to 1 ½” disks with dough.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until cookies are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 2-3 minutes before tasting.
- Store in airtight container.
Many of the ingredients above maybe be substituted. The Lakanto sweetener can be substituted for another natural sweetener such as coconut sugar, xylitol, maple sugar. Table sugar can be used if no natural alternative is available. Table salt is fine instead of Himalayan salt. Raisins or chocolate chips can be used with or instead of craisins.
Per 1 cookie (54g)
- Calories: 176
- Total fat: 7g
- Saturated fats: 4g
- Trans fats: 0g
- Total carbohydrates: 35g
- Fibers: 3g
- Sugars: 21.7g
- Proteins: 2.6g
Per 1 cookie (54g) = 1.13$
For full recipe = 15.88$
Wild flower honey was purchased in 1kg jar. Cinnamon and Monk fruit sweetener were purchased at épicerie Sol (health food store). The remaining ingredients were purchased at Costco.